- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
Our trip will take us to the old city where you can see well preserved buildings that are still used. Our day will be packed with interesting historical sites as well as the charm of the city.
Our second stop is in Koprivshtitsa. There we will see Bulgarian revival period in person.
- A guides tour of amazing places
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance tickets to monuments and museums
- Transportation in comfortable car / passenger van
- Meals and beverages not included in the tour description
- Personal expenses and incidentals
- Services not specifically noted in the itinerary
Rise and shine
9:00 - The trip starts from Alexander Nevski Cathedral
11:00 - Arrival at Plovdiv
11:20 - Explore the old city of Plovdiv
12:20 - Lunch in the Kapana district
13:30 - Leave for Koprivshtitsa
15:20 - Visit numerous monuments full of history and charm
17:00 - Head back to Sofia
19:00 - Arrive at the Alexander Nevski Cathedral
We will visit:
- Ancient theatre of Philippopolis
- Klianti house
- National Ethnology Museum (one of the most beautiful houses in the old town)
- Panoramic vista of Nebet tepe
- The Balabanova house
- House-Museum Hindliyan
- Oslekov House
- "Dormition of the Holy Mother of God" Catholic Cathedral
- Todor Kableshkov Memorial House
More about this tour
- You can use your own insurance or we can arrange it for you through our partners.
- Listed price is for two people / per person.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hotel pick-up costs an additional 5/10 Euro per reservation, depending on the location of your hotel.
Please ask us about our group discounts.
Covid19 Update: Restaurants in the area have limited capacity until further notice, due to the state of emergency in Bulgaria.
It’s recommended that you check with us prior to your trip or go to this link for up to date information. You can also prepare sandwiches or small snacks sold everywhere in Sofia.
Attire: The weather conditions can change very rapidly. We advise you to pack some warm clothing even during the summer months. Comfortable shoes are recommended as some of the streets are cobbled.
Photos are allowed everywhere with the exception of churches and monasteries.
Cash is important
Please have cash with you as not all places accept debit / credit cards and ATMs.
There are numerous restaurants in the area that offer authentic food. We will have time to stop and enjoy a nice lunch for the multi-day tours and at certain instances in the daily tours.
Cancellation policy - we offer free cancellation and a full refund*
- Daily tours
- If you are unable to attend a daily tour and let us know 24 hours in advance we will provide you with a full refund. We will try to accommodate any changes at the last moment, but we cannot guarantee it.
- If you are unable to attend a multi-day tour please let us know as early as possible. The refunds are listed below
- Up to 30 days before the start date -> 100%
- Up to 21 days before the start date -> 70%
- Up to 14 days before the start date -> 50%
- Less than 14 days before the start date - unfortunately we will not be able to refund you
- No shows are fully charged
- The experience requires a minimum of travelers. If it’s canceled we will offer you another experience or fully refund your money.